Sunday, February 16, 2014

Marina El Milagro is Just Down Right Fantastic

I know I should be writing about Cuba or the West coast of Florida and I will but its hard to make my head go backwards right now when living in the moment right here is so fantastic. I will get back to it, Cuba, but Marina El Milagro Isla Mujeres is just down right fantastic.

Everyone keeps asking us what our plans are and where we are going. I think we had a plan when we left Little Current. I remember long, long discussions. Maybe it has changed so much that all of Marc’s careful planning has gone up in smoke. As many may know we wanted to spend the winter in Cuba but...

Anyway while in Cuba we met this great American couple who kept raving about Isla Mujeres Mexico. We enjoyed listening to their adventures but didn’t take much heed not expecting to go there this season. Well, when we were in Los Moros Cuba and couldn’t replenish we headed to Mexico in particular Isla Mujeres. 

Isla Mujeres is an island four nautical miles NE of Cancun. It is about five miles long and about half a mile wide. We are at anchor between a protected coral reef and the resort El Milagro marina. We luckily and I mean uber luckily ended up here because we heard all the horror stories about checking into the country.  People were having their boats confiscated. We were told that if we used an agent for a small price it would alleviate the heart aches and headaches. So we did and reduce the bureaucracy. The agent was at El Milagro marina. Boy this seems along way around to tell you how we found this place and how great it is. 

Because we met Jack & Linda we learnt about Isla Mujeres. Because we couldn’t replenish in Cuba we went to Mexico. Because we needed an agent we went to El Milagro marina. Now we are using all the amenities of a great resort but with the privacy of being on the hook. I may never leave. 





BBQ, Party Area, & Palapa to Hang Out Under



 The Tile Work Throughout this Small Resort is Fantastic


My New Favourite Thing! The View From the Outdoor Shower


I Guess Marc Likes It To


Cocorico Resort Mascot


Second Night Gathering
How lucky is that
 BBQ Snapper it was wonderful




The Guys at this Resort Are The Best. Courteous, Helpful, Knowledgable



 Supervisor, Supervising. LOL Really Just A Great Photo Op & A Laugh 




2 comments:

  1. Wow, Linda! You both look fantastic and it is as though the clock is ticking backwards. Great story. I was last there in 2007 and still want to return. Have fun and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nancy Isla Mujeres is a gem. I like it here allot. Marc says I can’t stay here forever but I’m thinking why not. Our son will visit in March then we are off to explore the rest of Mexico. Funny I try to pack everything in but I have to get used to the fact that I can take my time. As a good friend of ours Dave says. What are we? We are sailors we have nothing but time.

    ReplyDelete